Whitsunday Charter Boat Industry Association
What is the Whitsunday Charter Boat Industry Association?
The Whitsunday Charter Boat Industry Association, often referred to as WCBIA, represents members operating a multi-million dollar charter boat tourism industry within the Whitsunday region of the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park. This is an association that aims to maintain the highest standard of quality and safety among their vessels in order to continue to develop a more sustainable, viable and professional sector of the marine tourism. In order to join WCBIA, vessels must undergo the Vessel Rating System audit within three months of introduction. Industry operators must find the perfect combination of boat, crew and activities on board while maintaining the highest level safety and comfort. If the vessel is able to meet the standards expected of this elite association, then they can become a member and promote their ‘red tick’ status…
What does the big red ‘tick’ mean?
The red ‘tick’ is a marketing logo that identifies WCBIA members from the rest; a logo worn with great pride! For tourists, it is a logo of reassurance… It allows tourists to easily identify a WCBIA product versus one that has not been able to meet such high standards.
Why pick the tick?
All WCBIA vessels are independently and regularly audited by an assessor to ensure your experience in the Whitsundays is the best it can be.
WCBIA members are committed to:
- Operating in a manner that enhances and preserves the natural, social, cultural and economic values of the Great Barrier Reef World Heritage Area.
- Acting honestly, fairly, and with professional courtesy at all times.
- Maintaining the highest level of safety and marine practice.
- Providing accurate information on the cultural and natural resources of the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park & Island National Park.
- Working cooperatively with government agencies and regulators to ensure protection and preservation of the Great Barrier Reef Marine & Island National Park.
- Protecting and promoting World Heritage Values.
- Fostering an environmental and service ethic amongst all involved in marine tourism.
- Marketing and promoting all products with integrity and honesty. Adhering to pricing clarity at all times.
- Striving for excellence in quality and service to customers.
- Providing our passengers with a positive lifetime experience in the Whitsunday Region of the Great Barrier Reef Marine & Island National Park.
WCBIA has been an active association for over 10 years and is still the premium Whitsunday organization that helps keep the standards high across the fleets.